How do I notify you that I am moving?

To cancel or arrange a new contract you need to contact your chosen electricity supplier. They will help you with termination of your old contract and ordering a new contract. Remember to read the meter on the day you move out, and notify your electricity supplier as quickly as possible to avoid paying electricity for a property you no longer live in.

You can download the moving form here. (DOC, 348KB)

Do you want to disconnect the electricity?

If no one is moving into the property and you want the electricity supply to be disconnected, you must contact our customer service centre (phone: +47 3551 8990) no later than five working days before desired date of disconnection.

To disconnect the supply, we must have access to the meter, and will therefore need the name and phone number of someone who can let us into the property. Your contract will be terminated  when the electricity supply has been disconnected. Home owners should be aware of the risk of burst pipes and other damage that may occur when the electricity, and thereby the heating, is turned off during the winter.

Entering an electricity supply contract

Skagerak Nett is not an electricity supplier, so in addition to the electricity network connection contract, you must also enter into an electricity supply contract with an electricity supplier. Until Skagerak Nett has been notified by your electricity supplier, you will be registered as receiving mandatory power from Skagerak Nett. This is only meant to be a temporary arrangement, and the price of mandatory power is not particularly advantageous for you, the customer. So, contact your electricity supplier as soon as possible.

You will find a list of electricity suppliers and different subscription contracts at (Norwegian only).